Ryan's Place

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Brewers Finally Beat D'Backs 10-5



From Sportsline.com:

The Milwaukee Brewers finally got their offense going again, with Prince Fielder leading the way.

The big first baseman homered, doubled and singled to help the Brewers snap a five-game losing skid with a 10-5 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Sunday.

Geoff Jenkins hit his first home run since April 17, a two-run shot off Claudio Vargas in the first inning, in a 16-hit Brewers' effort that ended the Diamondbacks' five-game winning streak. Corey Hart homered for only the third time in his career, second as a pinch hitter, for Milwaukee's 10th run.

Fielder hit his 17th home run, a booming drive to straightaway center leading off Milwaukee's three-run fourth, to tie the club record for most homers by a rookie. Greg Vaughn hit 17 for the Brewers in 1990.

"That's good, I guess," Fielder said. "Hopefully I can get some more. First, I just want to get some more hits."

He was 7-for-56 (.125) entering the game and hadn't had a multihit outing in 15 games. He also scored two runs against the Diamondbacks.

"I was in a little slump. That's going to happen," he said. "I wasn't trying to fight my way out of it and just trying to relax a little bit."

That's not easy, he said, "especially for me. I've got a bad temper."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home