Ryan's Place

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Brewers Suck It Up In 0-6 Loss To Royals



From Sportsline.com:

Brewers right-hander Rick Helling, making his second start of the season after spending two months on the disabled list with a sprained right elbow, was pulled after 63 pitches and three innings. He allowed one run, three hits and three walks.

"He was just laboring from the first pitch on," Brewers manager Ned Yost said. "He was pitching with a lot of heart. When he got up to 60 pitches in three innings, the way Redman is on us, I didn't want to take a chance they'd throw two or three quick runs on us."

Yost said he is "probably going to move" Helling back to long relief and insert Carlos Villanueva into the rotation.

"I threw a lot of pitches for three innings, but I've thrown a lot of games where I've thrown a lot of pitches early and I always want to stay in," Helling said. "The manager and pitching coach make the decision when I come out. I've got no problem with that."

As far as going to the bullpen, Helling said, "I'll do whatever they want me to do."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home