Ryan's Place

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Brewers Come Back to Beat Cardinals 4-3



From Sportsline.com:

Cardinals reliever Braden Looper threw the pitch he wanted -- a sinker tailing low and inside. It was just what Corey Hart had been told to look for.

Hart's RBI single in the eighth inning lifted the Milwaukee Brewers to a 4-3 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals on Saturday night.

Hart said hitting coach Butch Wynegar had told him what Looper's approach would be just before he went to the plate.

"I was just trying to get anything to put the bat on the ball," Hart said. "I talked to Butch and he kind of let me know what the guy had. I tried to stay focused and hit the ball where they weren't."

Corey Koskie walked to lead off the eighth and advanced to second on a sacrifice bunt by Gabe Gross. The Cardinals pulled reliever Randy Flores (0-1) for Looper.

"It's my job to get that guy out," Looper said. "I didn't get the job done."

Hart, who was pinch-hitting for reliever Matt Wise (4-3), singled up the middle on a slow roller to give Milwaukee its first lead of the game.

"I just tried to give him a quick preview of how he would throw," Wynegar said. "Braden's probably over there saying 'How in the hell did he hit that pitch?"'

Derrick Turnbow pitched a perfect ninth for his 17th save in 21 chances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home