Ryan's Place

Monday, May 22, 2006

Brewers Smoked 5-15 Against Reds



From Sportsline.com:

Milwaukee scored in the second on doubles by Prince Fielder and Corey Koskie, but the Reds loaded the bases with two outs in the third and Ross drove in two runs with a soft line drive down the left-field line.

Dunn hit his 16th homer, a three-run drive to center, and Ross added his second two-run double as the Reds sent 10 batters to the plate in a six-run sixth.

"My offense was just a little bleep on the map with all these guys," Ross said.

Bush, who threw a shutout against the Reds in an 11-0 win on April 22 at Milwaukee, gave up seven hits and seven runs with six strikeouts in four innings, his shortest outing in 10 starts this season. He matched his season high with three walks while falling to 1-4 in his last six starts.

"I felt good warming up," Bush said. "I didn't throw good pitches. I wish I had some answers for you. I've struggled the last three or four starts. We all have things we need to work on. I'll do something different next time."

Bill Hall homered for Milwaukee leading off the ninth, extending his hitting streak to a career-best 11 games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home