Ryan's Place

Friday, May 12, 2006

Brewers Hold Off Mets 9-6



From Sportsline.com:

Mets manager Willie Randolph gave Prince Fielder candy as a kid. But it was Fielder's sweet swing that sank New York on Friday night.

Fielder homered twice, Geoff Jenkins hit a three-run double and the Milwaukee Brewers finally figured out Jose Lima in a 9-6 victory over the Mets.

"I remember when he was a little baby and now he's coming back to haunt me," Randolph said. "I was always nice to him, you know. I gave him candy."

Fielder hit a two-run homer off left-handed reliever Darren Oliver to cap a six-run fifth inning when the Brewers scored all their runs with two outs.

Fielder, now 5-for-9 with two homers when teams bring in a lefty to face him, credited his father, former home run champ Cecil Fielder, with preparing him.

"All through high school and minor leagues, my dad always told me that lefties were going to be the guys that would come in and try to get me out," Fielder said. "I just really try to focus and go right back up the middle."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home