Ryan's Place

Monday, December 05, 2005

Magic Creamed by Spurs (I'm running out of adjectives for 'whooped')



From Sportsline.com:

Tim Duncan showed why he's a two-time MVP. Dwight Howard showed how much a few years of NBA experience can mean.

Duncan had 26 points, 12 rebounds and five blocks, Tony Parker added 20 points and seven assists, and the San Antonio Spurs beat the Orlando Magic 110-85 Monday night.

Duncan, a nine-year veteran, and Rasho Nesterovic frustrated the second-year Howard, who had a double-double by halftime but shot just 4-of-18 from the field. He finished with 13 points and 15 rebounds.

"I'm very old," Duncan said, smiling. "I was looking at it before the game and I'm something like 9½ years older than (Howard). That's crazy.

"He doesn't look like a 19-year-old. He's got so much promise. I'm just glad I'll be out of the league when he's peaking."

Jameer Nelson scored 20 points and DeShawn Stevenson had 15 points and seven rebounds for Orlando.

It was the fourth straight win for the Spurs and fourth consecutive loss for the Magic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home