Ryan's Place

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Magic Beat Wizards 91-83



From Sportsline.com:

No Steve Francis, no Grant Hill and very little Dwight Howard.

Still, the Orlando Magic found a way to win.

Hedo Turkoglu had a season-high 23 points and seven rebounds, leading the injury-depleted Magic to a 91-83 victory over the Washington Wizards on Wednesday night.

"As long as I'm aggressive, I know I'm going to get my shots. But tonight I had to be more aggressive to help the team scoring-wise," Turkoglu said. "When we get our leaders back, I'll be back in my role again."

The Wizards lost their fifth straight after a 5-1 start and got a rare off night from leading scorer Gilbert Arenas, who finished with 19 points and nine assists but shot 6-of-19. He was averaging 27.5 points and had five 30-point games this season.

"When you're in that slump, you're in the slump. But I'd rather have it now than in April," Arenas said. "Right now we're not panicking. It's something every team goes through. You just have to bounce back."

Already playing without Hill, Orlando also was missing Francis, its leading scorer, who injured a rib in a car accident after Saturday's 98-95 loss to New Orleans. DeShawn Stevenson played with floating cartilage in his left knee sustained in practice Monday, but managed 15 points.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home