Ryan's Place

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Weeks Has Successful Surgery



From Adam McCalvy at MLB.com:

Second baseman Rickie Weeks has some tough months ahead, but the Brewers expect him to be ready to go when Spring Training begins in February.

As expected, the 23-year-old underwent surgery Tuesday to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb. He will remain in a cast for six weeks and then undergo four weeks of rehabilitation, but he should be ready to report on time to Maryvale Baseball Park at full strength.

Dr. Don Sheridan performed the surgery in Phoenix and simply reattached the existing ligament. That was good news, according to assistant general manager Gord Ash, who indicated last week that the fix could require a graft or joint fusion.

Weeks was the Brewers' No. 1 draft pick in 2003 and entered the 2005 season as the franchise's top-rated prospect by Baseball America. He was called up to the Majors for good after the Brewers traded second baseman Junior Spivey to Washington in early June.

In 360 at-bats, Weeks hit .239 with 13 home runs and 42 RBIs, at times flashing five-tool talent. Until the final weekend of the regular season, manager Ned Yost insisted that Weeks' late-season offensive struggles (.224 average, one home run in September) and defensive mistakes (21 errors in 94 starts, including eight errors in September) had nothing to do with his sore thumb.

On the penultimate day of the season, that tune changed at bit.

"He wouldn't have had a bad month without that problem," said Yost. "We weren't going to use it as an excuse."

Before his call to Milwaukee, Weeks batted .320 in 55 games for Triple-A Nashville with 12 home runs, 48 RBIs and 10 stolen bases.

6 Comments:

  • This is a great blog you have here... what a great place to share information and resources. Hope you don't mind I paid you a visit. I also have a site, it's about Rash Guards because I like to surf. Or you may find my other website useful, it's all about Making Out; Great if you're into romance or want some great FREE kissing tips and tricks.

    Tyler - check me out here - rashguards

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 12, 2005 10:21 PM  

  • Well, is there something a little weird going on here? I don't know about you Ryan, but my blog gets pretty cluttered with spammy comments from people. My advice to you as one blog owner to another, is to be patient and focus on the great things about having a blog, instead of all the junk that goes on. You do have a quality blog and appears that you enjoy it. My favorite web project so far is a rash guard site, because I have total control and it makes me a couple dollars here and there. It's pretty hard to find new information on rash guard stuff though. Hey, keep up your excellent job Ryan, and good luck with your projects..

    See ya ~

    By Blogger Jobe Forester, at November 15, 2005 6:34 AM  

  • Howdy Ryan,
    I'm impressed with what you wrote here in your this post post. I gave up my search for woman rash guards information and wanted to hang out here on your blog - well done. I might make a blog like yours about woman rash guards, but I wouldn't try to compete with you. You're doing a great job Ryan.
    You got a great thing going... by friend.

    By Blogger adam hoallow, at November 20, 2005 2:29 AM  

  • Hi there Ryan,
    Just to give you a heads up, you're probably going to get some more comments from my family on this post: this post. I found you when I was out looking for rash guards product info, and even though this doesn't relate to rash guards, I still had to stop and tell you that you're doing a great job. You're about to get some visits from my brother and sister. I told them about your blog so I hope you don't mind.

    By Blogger catherine calspa, at November 22, 2005 5:26 AM  

  • Hi there Ryan,
    Just to give you a heads up, you're probably going to get some more comments from my family on this post: this post. I found you when I was out looking for rashguards product info, and even though this doesn't relate to rashguards, I still had to stop and tell you that you're doing a great job. You're about to get some visits from my brother and sister. I told them about your blog so I hope you don't mind.

    By Blogger Joel Winslow, at November 25, 2005 3:05 PM  

  • Hi Ryan, I'm over here in Hawaii on vacation and found a nice internet connection. I started searching blogs to get some ideas for my rash guards site, and fell into this excellent blog you have here. When I came on vacation I knew I'd get to surf the net, but I didn't think I'd get treat like this. The only good blogs are ones with owners like you, actually putting energy into them. Okay, just wanted to say hi and 'you're awesome' - better get back to my rash guards research...

    good day ~~~

    By Blogger kyle phillup, at November 25, 2005 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home