Ryan's Place

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Brewers Call Up 3 Prospects



From JR Radcliffe at MilwaukeeBrewers.com:

An early flight on Sunday from Memphis to Milwaukee should provide plenty of time to hem and haw over a pending appearance in a big league uniform -- a reality facing Corey Hart after being recalled last night by the parent club from Triple-A Nashville.

So the Brewers made sure Hart had some traveling companions.

Not only was Hart penciled into the starting lineup for the first time in his career Sunday, but Milwaukee also made some changes to its bullpen, adding Jose Capellan and Kane Davis, also from Nashville. Relievers Matt Wise and Julio Santana, two essential cogs in the setup machine, were both placed on the 15-day disabled list with injuries.

"We're adding two power arms," manager Ned Yost said. "Kane Davis is throwing 94-96 [mph] and so is Capellan. Both are doing very well down [in Triple-A]. These were the two top guys that were recommended."

Capellan, ranked the No. 4 prospect in the organization by Baseball America before the season, was acquired in the offseason when All-Star closer Dan Kolb was shipped to Atlanta. Capellan had a 5-3 record with six saves at Nashville this season and a 3.87 ERA in 90 2/3 innings, most of which came as a starter. Since the team moved Capellan to the bullpen in early June, he's 1-1 with a 1.45 ERA.

"I feel good in the bullpen, I think my pitches are working better," Capellan said. "It was a surprise. Last night I went to the hotel and the trainer told me, 'pick up your stuff and pack your bags, because you're leaving tomorrow.'"

The 24-year-old Dominican Republic native made his big league debut with Atlanta in 2004, when he allowed 10 earned runs in eight innings over three appearances.

2 Comments:

  • voip marketing was the subject I was researching when I came across your site, Ryan. General interest and popularity of the subject this post has lead me to your site as well as to voip marketing. Yours is a fine site providing a real service and exceptional content. Thanks for reading my comment

    By Blogger Orendon, at November 17, 2005 12:18 AM  

  • I’ve been researching the subject phone broadcasting and found your site to be resourceful. Although it may not be supporting my this post project, it certainly does provide a fine service and got my attention while I was searching for phone broadcasting related information. With a fine site like this one and belonging to Ryan, I’m sure you’ll achieve your goals. Thanks for reading this.

    By Blogger Orendon, at November 27, 2005 12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home