Ryan's Place

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Brewers Win 11-7


Lyle Overbay does not know why he is so good in Cincinnati.

Overbay hit two home runs, including a grand slam, and drove in a career-high six runs as the Milwaukee Brewers pounded Brandon Claussen and beat the Cincinnati Reds 11-7 Saturday.

Carlos Lee also homered and drove in three runs to take over the National League lead with 82 RBI, one more than Chicago's Derrek Lee.

Overbay extended his hitting streak to seven games with his second career multihomer game -- both this season in Cincinnati. He is 7-for-11 (.636) with four home runs in his career against Claussen.

"I can't explain it," Overbay said. "I don't know what it is. The Cubs do the same thing to me, but they get me out. I can't explain that, either.

"It's funny. I was sitting in St. Louis thinking about how I was looking forward to coming to Cincinnati."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home