Ryan's Place

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Brewers Lose 3-5



Brewers manager Ned Yost said he liked the Bottalico-Guillen matchup.

"He just made a pitch that he didn't want to make," Yost said. "He just threw a pitch that caught too much of the plate."

Jose Vidro homered and Vinny Castilla added two run-scoring doubles for the Nationals.

Esteban Loaiza (6-5) allowed three runs and seven hits in six innings. Gary Majewski and Mike Stanton each pitched a scoreless inning before Chad Cordero pitched the ninth to earn his major league-leading 32nd save.

Bottalico (2-2) took the loss as the Brewers had their four-game winning streak snapped. Starter Chris Capuano gave up three runs, including's Vidro's homer, in six innings.

"I thought I had good enough stuff to win," Capuano said. "I was happy with the way I pitched with the exception of the 0-2 fastball right down the middle I threw to Vidro."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home