Ryan's Place

Monday, July 11, 2005

Brewers Beat Braves, All-Star Break Ahead

Chris Capuano benefited from some timely offense by the Milwaukee Brewers.


Capuano earned his career-high fifth consecutive win and the Brewers rallied to beat the Atlanta Braves 8-4 Sunday.


Geoff Jenkins homered and drove in three runs, and NL leader Carlos Lee had two more RBI for the Brewers.


Capuano (10-6) left with a 5-4 lead after the Brewers rallied for three runs in the fifth. He gave up seven hits, walked two and struck out six.


If Milwaukee hadn't taken the lead, manager Ned Yost planned to remove Capuano before the bottom of the inning.


"I was really laboring in the fourth. If we didn't come back and get the lead, Ned said he was going to take me out," Capuano said. "When we got the lead, he told me if I got in trouble when I went out there in the fifth, he'd yank me.


"I have to thank him for giving me a chance to go back out there and get the win."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home